Harsh Garg of Abysmal Heights nominated me for a Liebster Award, how kind and thoughtful of this young, yet up and coming writer! Thank you again!
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
Provide 11 facts about yourself.
Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
Choose 11 more people (Hopefully those with less than 200 followers) and ask them 11 questions.
11 Facts About Me:
1. I used to blow, sculpt glass. I also used to draw and paint; I am an artist at heart all the way!
2. I was on the set of the film “An Officer and a Gentleman” while at Foreign Language Camp for a week. We were almost arrested our last night trying to sneak to the beach to go through the WWII bunkers at Fort Worden because of the film set being there. One of our teachers is actually in a scene as they searched the town for few of us students who did not get caught.
3. I was born exactly between Aquarius and Pisces at like 00.000 degrees before planetary transitions so all Aquarians I have met think I’m strange and unnatural so do all the Pisceans I have met. I like to think I am beyond a cusp I am just neither!
4. I am a member of the Psi Chi International Honor Society in Psychology
5. I graduated summa cum laude for my BA in Psychology
6. One of my favorite snacks is Pepper Popcorn (or Sr. Pepper Popcorn—it has Sriracha sauce on it with the pepper); I don’t use salt on it.
7. In High school I had originally planned to become a nun.
8. My Great, great Grandparents were a runaway slave and a Mormon Missionary’s daughter who agreed to separately run away and meet in Canada. She found him by searching nightly for his fiddling (he was known for his musical talent).
9. I believe psychologists need to be as accessible as foot doctors, nutritionists, or gynecologists; Society needs to stop treating therapists as a dirty secret. It would be best if everyone in the nation had a right to at least 6 free therapeutic sessions to use at will to blow off steam/vent/get help with a crisis etc. It would help prevent much of the violence in America from happening!
10. I have 2 dogs that I adopted from two different shelters and you cannot tell me that dogs aren’t sent from heaven…everyone needs kind of love dogs give whether you treat them well or not…(I suggest you treat them right or else you’ll probably go to doggie hell!) My clowniacs have kept me laughing all throughout my graduate studies!
11. I am truly a spiritual being in a “meat suit” (physical body!)
11 Questions from Abysmal Heights
1. 1. How old are you? 51 (have to check calculator, keep forgetting to remember my age—seems so irrelevant for life)
2. What is your favorite song? Take Me There written by Kenny Chesney, performed by Rascal Flatts (It speaks to the basis for the best relationships in my opinion): “There’s a place in your heart, nobody’s been, Take me there. Things nobody knows, not even your friends, take me there…”
3. Who is your inspiration? My great grandmother, she was all about LOVE no matter what.
4. What does your blog mean to you? It is an inspirational outlet, which helps to drive my talent in writing, belief in acceptance, and a reminder that psychology is beneficial science for society’s betterment.
5. What is the one thing you want to do before you die? Conceive, birth, get to know a child that comes from me—see what she/he thinks or has to say.
6. What is your favorite book? One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
7. What is, according to you, your best post? Hey Listen Kid… because it’s about my daddy and I love him faults and all!
8. What is your idea of a perfect life? One where I live in the now and genuinely as myself…now!
9. If you could choose between money and esteem, what would you chose? Probably money if you mean esteem from others…who cares. Honestly money’s convenient, but neither of these excites me enough to drive me anywhere or to do anything.
10. What do you do when you are sad? Seek its source and find the good in the moment.
11. Describe yourself in one word. Brilliant!
11 Nominations of Blogs
1 LNB: Passage to Empowerment
2 Helen Bobis
3 The Ordinary Unicorn
5 Time 2 Love With Lydia Pellow
6 My Simple Blog
7 How I Became A Writer
8 The Margarita Philosophy
9 Samra’s Poems
10 fresh from the fountain pen
11 Musings of a twisted mind
Questions for My Nominees:
1 What is one trait you attribute to one or both of your parents (biological or adopted)
2 What kind of pet would you like or do you like if any?
3 Who would you like to meet living or dead, famous or not that you have not yet met?
4 If you had your choice would you prefer to live in City, Forest, Desert or next to Ocean?
5 What is a wisdom you’d like to share with the world in less than 5 sentences
6 Is peace more important than idealism?
7 What was your best childhood moment?
8 What touched your heart most in life (moved you emotionally)?
9 If you could direct a movie, what kind would it be, documentary, drama, romantic comedy, action, horror, science fiction or name your own category?
10 When did you first start writing?
11 How would you describe your writing?